Cape Cod Area Attractions
Top Things To See And Do (highlighted places are linked to websites)
1. Cape Cod National Seashore: National Park, Excellent Visitor Centers in Eastham and Provincetown, biking and walking trails, beaches, dunes, and picnic areas.
3. Heritage Plantation: Sandwich, 76 acres of gardens, trails and changing exhibits, antique cars, carousel, Currier and Ives, and a working windmill, 508-888-1222
5. Plimouth Plantation: Rt. 3A, Plymouth, 1627 recreated Pilgrim Village, 508-746-1622
Recommended Day Trips
1. Tour Cape Cod National Seashore and Provincetown, loop up Rt. 6A and Rt.6 to National Seashore, then to P-town and back down Rt. 28 to Chatham then home.
2. Rt. 6A, Old King's Highway, to Sandwich, down Rt. 28 to Woods Hole and Falmouth.
3. A visit to one of the islands. Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard
4. Trip to Plymouth Rt. 6 to Rt. 3 Plymouth Plantation, Mayflower & Plymouth Rock.
Dennis has some of the best beaches on Cape Cod.
Corporation Beach is .6 mile. Other Northside beaches include Mayflower and Chapin which are a short drive away.
1. Cape Cod Rail Trail, Begins at Rt. 134 South Dennis ends in Wellfleet. 39.6 miles on mostly flat surfaces past lakes, bogs and some beaches.
2. Nickerson State Forest, off Rt. 6A, Brewster, various length hiking and biking trails in forest and lake areas.
Boat & Kayak Rentals:
Aqua Sport, West Dennis, 508-398--5387
Cape Cod Waterways, Dennisport, 508-398-0080
Sesuit Creek Outfitters, East Dennis, 508-385-1912
Hy-line Cruises, Hyannis, 508-778-2600
Freya Sailing Cruises, 331 Sesuit Neck Rd. E. Dennis, 508-385-4399
Starfish Bass River Cruises, West Dennis, 508-362-5555
Fishing: No license for salt water fishing.
Capt. George S. Mabee-Blue Fish, Sport fishing, Dennis, 508-385-7265
Riverview Bait & Tackle, Rt. 28 South Yarmouth, licenses and rentals, 508-394-1036
Bass River Sports World, Rt. 28 South Yarmouth, 508-398-6070
Holiday Hill, Rt. 28 Dennisport, 508-398-8857
The Cape Cinema with it's magnificent Rockwell Kent mural ceiling is on the Cape Playhouse grounds, 508-385-2503 offers foreign and independent films.
Hoyts Cinemas, Patriots Square Rt. 134 South Dennis, 508-394-1100
Cape Museum of Fine Arts, Cape Playhouse grounds, Cape artists and touring exhibits 508-385-4477
Cape Cod Museum of Natural History, Rt. 6A Brewster with nature trails and exhibits 508-896-3867
JFK Museum , Main Street Hyannis displays of the First Family at Hyannisport, 508-790-3077
Jericho Historical Center, Old Main St. West Dennis, 19th century sea captain's house, 508-398-6736
Josiah Dennis Manse, Whig St., 1736 home of town's namesake with artifacts of early Dennis life, a maritime museum and schoolhouse. 508-385-3528
New England Fire and History Museum, Rt. 6A Brewster, 508-896-5711
Pilgrim Monument and Provinctown Museum, Provincetown tallest granite structure in US, 508-487-1310
Sesuit Tennis Centre 2 miles East on Rt. 6A, East Dennis
Mashantum Tennis Club, Nobscusset Rd., Dennis 508-385-7043
Cape Playhouse oldest summer theater in America, 508-385-3911
Scargo Tower on Scargo Hill overlooking the Lake and Bay a stunning 360° view of Cape Cod that is awesome at sunset.
Shopping and Antiquing
Route 6A in Dennis and Rt.28 are filled with unique shops.
Chatham provides old fashion downtown shopping in classy boutiques and shops.
1. The best walking trails are in the Cape Cod National Seashore.
2.Massachusetts Audubon Society Wildlife Sanctuary, Wellfleet, 6 trails by brooks, bay, ponds and birds.
3. Indian Lands loop in South Dennis behind Town Hall, along Bass River.
Isaiah Hall Bed
and Breakfast Inn